In this issue you will know about wrong crosses. What is it? And how to fix them.
A wrong cross is a small blot made in the work. Needlewomen, especially beginners, make this mistake very often. You can accidentally embroider a cross in a certain color in the wrong place.
Such an error can be divided into two groups, according to the degree of importance:
If the cross is incorrectly embroidered on large areas, for example, forests, water, grass, sky, etc., then it can not be corrected, it will be invisible. ⠀
An incorrectly embroidered cross becomes a big problem, if it is made on important parts of the plot and violates its harmony. In this case, you need to fix it.
To carefully remove an incorrectly embroidered cross, there is a simple algorithm:
- Pry the top stitch of the cross with a needle.
- Carefully insert the scissors blade under it.
- Now you can remove the needle and cut the thread.
- We return to the help of the needle again and take the unnecessary threads to the wrong side.
- Make a new thread on the wrong side and sew the correct cross. Try to tighten in this new stitch the threads of the incorrectly sewn cross that are brought out on the wrong side.
How often do you have to deal with such small errors? How do you fix them? Tell us in the comments.
Visit also my YouTube channel to watch how I draw my patterns.
One thought on “What is the wrong cross in embroidery? And how to fix it?”
I just stitch the correct colour over it. It always works. I do the same if I’ve used the wrong colour, unless it’s a really big area.