Backstitch or back – one of the types of decorative stitches used in embroidery. Backstitch is used for drawing contour lines and placing the necessary accents. The plot looks more complete and similar to the claimed original with this stitch and also becomes more interesting to perceive.
The technique of its implementation is very simple and consists of the steps below:
- First, you need to fix the thread on the wrong side and bring the needle to the face. Determine the stitch length in advance the line to be more accurate.
- Move the needle to the selected position and enter into the canvas.
- Then bring the needle to the face moving back to the selected distance.
- Close the stitch at the same point where the needle was inserted
on the second step.
- Continue to make the third and fourth steps the required number of times.
Have you ever used this stitch in your work? Do you like it? Tell us in the
Visit also my YouTube channel to watch how I draw my patterns.