Free cross stitch pattern with a pumpkin in pencil bookmark design designed by Alina Valiullova.
Interesting facts about pumpkins
Pumpkins are a type of fruit that is grown from the seeds of a squash plant. They are usually round and have a smooth skin that is green or orange in color. Pumpkins can be grown in many climates and are an easy crop to grow. They are commonly used for cooking, such as making pies and pumpkin soup, and are also used in crafts and decorations.
1. The largest recorded pumpkin was grown in Russia in 2014 and weighed in at a whopping 1,049 pounds.
2. Pumpkins were first domesticated by the Aztecs in North America, who used them as food and for ceremonial purposes.
3. The word “pumpkin” comes from the Old English word “pumkin,” which is thought to have derived from a Latin word meaning “large ball.”
4. The most common color of pumpkins is yellow, but they can also be orange, green, and even black.
5. Pumpkins contain a lot of fiber and vitamin C, making them a healthy snack or ingredient for smoothies.
You can download this free pattern in PDF format here.
Support our blog. This will help us to publish more interesting designs. Thank you!
Follow us here to get last news and interesting ideas for inspiration.
Join us in our YouTube community also.